Friday, June 18, 2010

What do you want to be remembered for?

Friday June 18th, 2010

It’s BLOG resurrection time! I need to write. I need to express myself creatively through freelance writing. With that being said I ordered a new book. The Daily Drucker: 366 days of Insight and Motivation for Getting the RIGHT Things DONE. Yes this is a business minded book. It speaks of group synergy and the importance of intellectual capital, but it also drives the point home by putting an emphasis on personal discipline and motivation, because in my opinion, that’s where it all starts. So I will be updating this BLOG relatively frequently based on exerts or philosophies from this book. I hope you find insight and inspiration into your daily life as this book provides this directly to me. Ready go!

What do you want to be remembered for?

Wow, what a powerful and humbling question. To me when I read this simple sentence I can’t help but see the forest that is my life as opposed to the tree. This neck of the woods is 2010. This tree is about to enjoy a Friday evening. What I am getting at is that we have to see every tree, harmful or helpful as a possibility to improve ourselves or set us back. Hey, we all stumble in life, and we all to things to harm ourselves and reputation, but wrongs can be righted, and mistakes can be forgiven. Be disciplined. Make healthy decisions. See the big picture. The great thing about this question is exactly stated in the book, “This question induces you to renew yourself, because it pushes you to see yourself as a different person – the person you CAN become.” Be encouraged that we ALL have potential to do amazing things! Live healthy and disciplined, surround yourself with encouraging people, and always always always think of the answer to the question, “What do you want to be remembered for?”

- Nick Gray

No comments:

Post a Comment