Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Relationships: That Special "ONE"


Archive Post: Wednesday, November 12, 2008
I've been working on this for a long time! Please read it all. Enjoy!

Target: Single Unmarried People:

I want you to do something before you read this. I want you to listen to a song. Come on now!! While you listen to this song I want you to read the lyrics while he is singing. I promise this will make this blog entry more effective. This song is very moving..

Please listen to this song: Andy Davis – Love is bigger than us:
And read the lyrics here at the bottom of this entry.

Keep all this in the back of your mind.

So here is the deal. I don't know if it is breakup season or tumultuous relationship time of the year, but I have several friends that are really struggling with troubles on the home front.
You may know as well as I do that it is not easy to comfort someone in pain. 99% of the time it is because you are not going through the same thing they are. Other than offering, "I am there for you" and being a good friend to them, this is my attempt to take it a step further. Ready go:
Love is bigger than us.

It's that simple. Why.. Why.. Why.. Why do we stay in unhealthy relationships or try and force a relationship that you know deep down will not work? Top excuses I have heard:

- We feel that we have too much invested.
- We are scared of being alone.
- We just simply want to be with SOMEONE or want to be loved.
- We don't like change.
- We in our early 20's and we think we should be getting married.
- All your friends are getting married.
- We think there is no one else for us or that there are no good guys or girls out there. (The one that I think is the craziest). You really think there are no good guys or girls out there? Let me make a phone call…

Why do we ignore small things in a relationship until they stack up into bigger things, but even then we still ignore them!

The main point of this blog entry is that love is bigger than us. I am sitting on the edge of my seat right now typing a hundred miles an hour because I want you to understand this so bad, and I know some of you know it. Some of you embrace it, and some of you ignore it.
If you are a spiritual person then this will make even more sense. We are not in control of our lives. Plain and simple. Listen and read the lyrics. What I took from this song is that two people so perfect for each other could possibly find each other on their own. "Somebody's up there pulling the strings, we're not on our own." We can't do this life or do something like find that perfect person by ourselves. I don't know about you, but I believe in fate. I think GOD opens and closes opportunistic doors in our lives. Recognize this! Pray about it.

I have known this song for years, but for some reason tonight I listened to it, and it made me want to dive into it and figure it out. In the process, I opened my bible and found this verse that I have seen a hundred times, but moved me yet again tremendously:

Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;

We are not in control, so let's stop acting like we are. Stop trying to force troubled relationships and realize that maybe GOD is trying to tell you something. Listen and pray that GOD will reveal his will to you. Have you ever thought that maybe the person you are with is not the person for you? GOD does reveal his will through opportunities and circumstances. To all my fellow single comrades, pray that GOD will reveal that person to you, and in the process pray for patience. Trust that GOD will provide because he always does to those whom are faithful to him. That special person for everyone is out there.

Thank you for reading this.

Love to all,

- Nick Gray
_________________________________________

More than Us Lyrics

By Andy Davis:

Got a feeling
Somebody's up there pulling the strings
We're not on our own
Do you see it?

It's just like watching gravity fall
And you don't know how

Oh, but signs point to a miracle
It's not coincidence
We've gotten into this

Baby, this love is something
Something bigger than us
Bigger than us
Our love is something
Something bigger than us

Look above us
You'll see what I've been trying to say

These stars were arranged
Just like we were
And I thought I found you All on my own
That's crazy now

Oh, when it's all so unbelievable
I'm not superstitious
Baby, it's just making sense that this

Love is something
Something bigger than us
Bigger than us
Our love is something
Something bigger than us

To say that from the Beginning
To the beginning of this day
The ways the world could be spinning
And it had to be this way

Oh, and love's not just the sum of us
It's so much deeper
Goes so much wider
Love of a sweeter kind

Love with a patient mind
Bigger than my eyes have ever seen
Than my imagination dreams
It's big enough
Bigger than us

Love is patient, love is kind
Love has given us a sign
It's big enough
Bigger than us

And love is something
Something bigger than us
Bigger than us
Our love is something
Something bigger than us

No comments:

Post a Comment